An essential guide and parenting course that equips you to parent your baby in the healthiest way. This course aims to empower parents to make informed choices based on what we can learn from the fields of psychology and neuroscience. Currently being run in English, for parents in Nyon and covers the Vaud and Geneva areas.
The Essentials for Parenting for Babies (0-2 years)
Everyone wants to enjoy their baby, with the most amount of joy and tenderness and the least amount of angst. Surprisingly, despite much knowledge there is no psychological training given to parents as we embark upon the adventure. I take a pragmatic approach, revealing the psychological essentials of how our parenting style deeply impacts how our babies develop. Combining tried and tested research from parenting and neuroscience, I aim to provide the essential need to know's and insights into how we can give our babies the best psychological and emotional support through our parenting so that we really provide them with the best start in life.
The essentials of parenting babies takes what the psychotherapeutic world has learnt about what to do and what not to do and offers this knowledge in a concise and simple format so that everyone can have access to it.
The essentials for parenting babies
(for dates see my programmes and workshops page)
In this essentials workshop we will visit and address these critical issues:
- What every parent needs to know. An introduction to neuroscience and what babies psychologically really need
- Bonding between parent and baby - how to create the deep healthy bonds that ensure confident and balanced children
- Crying - why babies cry and how to read them more accurately and how to soothe and comfort your baby
- Sleep and bedtime - facts and tips
- The importance of resourcing ourselves as parents