A more realistic approach to self development. Look your life circumstances one-to-one (or in group workshops) and working to create real change and connect you to elements which may make your life more fulfilling. Private sessions in English, by a trained counsellor in the Vaud and Geneva areas - Nyon.
For some, the suggestion of couples therapy is considered a 'last resort' to save a relationship. While of course this is sometimes the case, many couples use therapy sessions as a way to keep their relationship healthy, learn relational skills and address underlying concerns that cause feelings of disconnection which may become impasses in the future.
There are also couples who decide to undergo couples therapy because one or both partners would like to end the relationship. In these junctions it can be very important to discuss what has happened so that the ending or the transformation of the relationship happens consciously and respectfully.
The overall aim of couples counselling is to help you do the following:
a deeper insight into the impact you may be having on your partner
how to communicate in a way that enables you to be better received and understood
on past experiences that may be influencing how you operate in the present
and resolve conflicts where possible
a deeper empathic understanding of your partner’s experience of the relationship and their needs
more trust and empathy between the two of you
what could make your relationship more loving, respectful and deeply satisfying
My work with couples is informed by my in-depth work with systemic family dynamics. It is empathic, person-centred and draws upon the contributions made to the field by IMAGO therapy, H. Hendrix and Dr.J. Gottman.
I assess each couple and their needs individually and draw upon different approaches to be able to make a tailor-made therapy that is based upon your relationship’s unique needs. I understand that it can feel like a big step coming to talk about your relationship and often one partner is willing and the other is resistant. I have been married now for 19 years and aim to create a professional, confidential, non-judgemental and safe environment where:·
- You will both be given the time to express yourself and take a look at the underlying issues
- Your partner will begin to hear and understand what you are saying and vice versa
- You learn how look after yourself and to manage your emotions
- You both learn relational and communication skills
- You learn about your differences, needs and what is important to you both
- You both gain insight into the impact you are having upon each other
- You gain understanding about your habitual patterns of relating and their impact
- You discover how to bring back intimacy and loving feelings