A practical and insightful parenting programme. A Parenting course that gives parents a combination of the necessary skills, information and psychological awareness to do the best job they can in bringing up happy children. Currently being run in English, for parents in Nyon and covers the Vaud and Geneva areas.
The Essentials for Parenting Young Children (5-10 years)
The fields of neuroscience and psychology are now clearer than ever before about how parenting styles that can effect our children's ability to live life to the full. As parents we influence the development of our children's psychological capacities and their own aptitudes to embrace life.
Our parenting has a massive impact on how our children develop, whether they will be able to cope with stress later in life and even on how they manage anger. We influence whether they have the will to be confident and motivated or if they stumble into a cycle of self criticism. We even effect our own children's capacity to relate and whether they feel able to experience a deeper calm.
Modern research has uncovered so much clarity about what healthy parenting is. I address the essentials of the research and combine this with very practical and realistic solutions for the challenges we face bringing up our 5-10 year olds.
The Essentials for Parenting Young Children
In this workshop we will address:
- The parent-child connection - the neurochemistry of love, living life well and cultivating psychological strength
- Young children - hyperactivity vs not enough play? Play, curiosity, stimulation, rough and tumble. TV's and computers and the brain effects.
- Boundaries and behaviour - challenging demands, rules, step by step discipline and developing social and emotional intelligence
- Behaving badly - discipline, distress, tantrums, how distinguish what is going on and how to respond appropriately.
- Parent resourcing - skills to assist ourselves as parents to resource and de-stress ourselves.
(for dates see my programmes and workshops page)